Make Your Own 3 - Ingredient Facial Moisturizer
Easy to Make and Use… Moisturizer For Your Face With Rosehip and Lavender
When I started making and using my own facial moisturizer, I was totally amazed at how much smoother my skin was. My routine is easier, less expensive, and… the best thing is that I know that I’m not putting toxic chemicals on my face.
I’m sure that you already know this… but, you shouldn’t go to bed without taking your make-up off. Let me tell you about my “routine”… 1) brush my teeth, 2) remove my make-up , 3) use a toner and 4) finish off with this amazing moisturizer that I’ve been making. And a couple of times a week, I exfoliate to clean off all the dead skin cells.
You’ll fall in love with this moisturizer. It has just 3 ingredients in it, any one of which is amazing in itself…
- Argan Oil… very light and sinks into the skin without feeling greasy. It’s known as “the Queens Beauty Oil” and is loaded with essential fatty acids, antioxidants and the all-important skinnutrient vitamin E.
- Rosehip Seed Oil… incredibly regenerating oil known for its’ anti-aging and firming abilities.
- Lavender Essential Oil… with it’s healing and antioxidant properties, it’s great for anti-aging and stress relief.
Let’s create your Homemade Facial Moisturizer:
I use a 1-oz amber colored bottle for my moisturizer. If you use a larger or smaller bottle, then be sure to adjust your measurements accordingly.
- Fill your bottle 2/3 way with your Argan
- Add your Rosehip seed oil to almost fill the rest of the bottle.
- Add 5 drops of your Lavender essential oil.
- Cap and shake well. When you open your bottle, you should be able to smell the lavender scent. If you don’t, add another drop, 1 at a time. You should smell it, but not be overpowering.
That’s it. If you keep the oil out of the sunlight, it should last 4-6 months. (Mine doesn’t last that long, because I use it on my heels and elbows too. lol )
Do you make your own facial Moisturizer? What’s your recipe?
Share and join in the conversation below!