Copycat Chili Lime Chicken Burgers
Here’s something else that I’ve fallen in love with…a Copy Cat Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken Burger. The recipe is a zesty and fresh twist on chicken for dinner!
The recipe makes four burgers, and you’ll need a pound of ground chicken. Ground chicken does have a little more fat than turkey, so if you’re looking for a leaner alternative, use ground turkey. I found the ground chicken at Walmart for $2.97 a lb.
Copy Cat Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese (optional)
- 4 whole wheat buns, toasted
- Combine chicken, green onions, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and juice of half a lime in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined, then form into 4 patties and spray each side generously with non-stick spray.
- Heat a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Grill burgers for 3-4 minutes a side, or until cooked all the way through. Place a slice of cheese on top of each burger, then cover with a large pot lid, and allow to melt for about a minute.
- Remove burgers to a plate, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Place each burger on a toasted thin bun, then top with guacamole.
- If you want to add guacamole, take an avocado, 1/2 t. garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste, and mash it all together with a fork.
Hope you will try these burgers and let me know what you think.