Easy To Make Crescent Cherry Cheesecake Cobbler
This cherry cobbler is so easy to make and will be a family favorite in short order.
The first time I made it, I intended to add a scoop of ice cream. But asking taking my first bite, to heck with the ice cream… you don’t need it.
I’ve also made it with apple pie filling and it turned out great. Either way, I’m betting you’re gonna love it.
- 1 (8 oz) tube crescent rolls
- 8 oz. (1 block) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Trehalose* (we don’t use table sugar, you can get Trehalose here)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling (or apple)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Trehalose* (for topping)
*Trehalose is a naturally occurring, unrefined, granulated sugar about 45 percent as sweet as sucrose: It looks, pours, bakes, and tastes like regular table sugar. It’s found in the tapioca root, mushrooms and several other fungi… and it’s chemical free. I’ve used it for years and love it. You can get it here
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent rolls. Line four (4) of them in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover the bottom entirely and seal the seams as best as possible.
- Next, combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup Trehalose. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Then add vanilla and mix again.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crescent rolls in the baking dish.
- Pour pie filling on top of cream cheese layer. Spread it around evenly.
- Top with remaining crescent roll dough. (I laid the remaining 4 crescent rolls out on a piece of waxed paper and pinched them together.
- Turn the waxed paper face down and gently roll the crescent rolls off the waxed paper and onto the top of the cherry pie filling.
- Pour melted butter on the top of the crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Trehalose evenly over the melted butter.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes.
- Let the cobbler cool for 15 minutes before you cut it.
Let me know how your family enjoys this cobbler.
Trying making it using apple pie filling or your favorite filling.