Crustless Spinach and Asparagus Quiche Recipe
Once a quarter, my Sunday School Class has a “Get To Know Each Other” brunch instead of a lesson. This quiche recipe is a fast and easy fix for Sunday morning. I double the recipe and the ladies love it. Add a bowl of fresh fruit and you’ve got a fantastic meal.
What other veggies could I add? Just leave a comment.
(sorry, forgot to put asparagus in pic)
1 T. olive oil
1 onion – chopped
1 10 oz. bag of frozen chopped spinach – thawed and drained
1 c. asparagus chopped
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. real bacon bits
3 c. Mozzarella Cheese (or Pepper Jack – have used it on occasion)
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie plate.
2. Heat oil, add onions and cook until they are clear.
3. Add spinach and asparagus and cook until moisture is cooked out.
4. In a large bowl, combine: eggs, cheese, bacon bits, salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Add the spinach, asparagus, onion mixture and stir to blend. Pour into prepared pie plate.
6. Bake in preheated oven until the eggs have set, about 30-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Add a bowl of fresh fruit and you have a great brunch.
Mmmmmmm – good and filling.