Lime Jello Salad With Cottage Cheese and Pecans... Always A Favorite
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving around our house if this Lime Jello Salad wasn’t on the menu. I’ve made it, along with the Cranberry Salad recipe, every year since my Mother submitted the recipe for our Ladies Auxiliary Cookbook back in 1967.
It takes a little time to make this salad… but it’s well worth it.
My Step-Father would get a huge helping on his plate… even before the blessing… said he didn’t want to take a chance on it “all being gone” before it got passed around the table to him.
Notice on the actual recipe in the book… that the lime jello just says “box”. In 1967 there was only one size “box” and that’s what is now the small box. I always double the recipe, so I use the larger box.
Lime Jello Salad
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 c. hot water
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 pkg lime jello (learned the hard way – SMALL box)
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 3/4 c. nuts
- 2 T. Trehalose (or sugar of choice)
- Dissolve jello and Trehalose in hot water.
- Place in refrigerator until it starts to “quiver”.
- Whip cream and mayonnaise really well.
- Add the jello to the cream mixture and mix well.
- Add nuts,pineapple and cottage cheese.
- Return to refrigerator and allow to set.
- Cut into squares and serve.