20 Best Instant Pot Recipes - My Birthday Present To Myself
I’ll admit that my head isn’t easily turned by the newest and latest kitchen gadget fad.
Being “old-school”… I prefer the classic, time-tested tools like cast iron skillets, stoneware baking pans and my 40 year old Presto pressure cooker.
So when I heard everyone talking about their “Instant Pot” thing, I totally ignored them… I figured it was just another one of those gimmicky, “As Seen On TV” products.
But, once again, I’ve ended up eating my words. ?
And since I have a birthday coming up, I decided to give myself a birthday gift and ordered an Instant Pot from Amazon. WOW… who knew! If I had know how much I would love it, I would have given it to myself for Christmas.
Here’s what I’ve learned so far…
- It’s NOT like my pressure cooker! Not only does it function as a pressure cooker, it’s also a slow cooker, vegetable steamer, rice cooker/steamer. The only thing that it doesn’t do is wash the dirty dishes!
- It doesn’t take anywhere close to the time spent watching my pressure cooker. Like I said earlier… I used a pressure cooker for 40 + years. You push a button, and it’s good to go. And once it’s done, it even keeps the food warm.
- I’m notorious for waiting until it’s almost dinner time to decide what I’m going to fix… so this thing seriously cuts down on food prep time.
How I’ve used my Instant Pot so far:
I’m pretty picky about what I leave on my counter-top… flour, sugar and tea cannisters are about it. But I’m almost to the point of finding a place for it.
So far, here’s what I’ve cooked in it:
- Steamed broccoli and cauliflower… just chop up some flowerets, add a tiny bit of water and in around 3-4 minutes they’re cooked to perfection.
- Red or black beans. You can put DRY, UNSOAKED beans right in and they’re ready in about 40 minutes. I’m serious!
- Soups… from scratch. (Like when it’s 5pm and you’ve forgotten you were going to have dinner that day)
- Potatoes… cooked them for potato salad. Put 5 in the cooker and they were done in about 15 minutes.
- Whole Chicken. If you forget to put the chicken in the slow cooker in the morning… which I did, you can put the whole thing into the Instant Pot and cook it in around 20-30 minutes.
The Pot I got…
I ordered my Instant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt -9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker from Amazon. (that’s an affiliate link). I haven’t tried other brands of cookers, but Instant Pot is definitely the one getting the most attention right now.
And no, I’m not being paid to write this post and I have zero affiliation with the company who makes Instant Pot, but I do make a small commission if you purchase a pot through my affiliate link, but that’s it.
I found these recipes that I’m definitely going to try…
I hope that you haven’t ignored the Instant Pot as long as I did… but if you have, I encourage you to try it. I feel pretty safe in saying you’ll love it!
Again, here’s the one I ordered from Amazon…
Instant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
Do you have a favorite recipe? Let me know and I’ll add it to the recipes here.